- 1/2 loaf Italian Bread, (8, ½-inch slices)
- 8 slices (about 6 ounces) deli sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup whole basil leaves
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 (1 pound) large mango, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), sliced thin
Layer half of cheese on 4 slices of bread, divide basil, red onion, mango chicken and remaining cheese among bread slices. Top with second sliced of bread.
Heat grill pan, panini press or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place 2 sandwiches in pan (close lid or weight down sandwiches in skillet with heavy pot). Cook sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.